Creating A Craftsman Style Bathroom in Southwood, Tallahassee
This home in Southwood was completely renovated when the new owners moved in… everything except the master bathroom. The old bathroom had a large spa tub that was rarely used and a closed in shower. The homeowner wanted to create a craftsman bathroom to match the style of the rest of the house and we think it turned out great!
“We recently used Paul for a bathroom remodel. The result is a beautifully renovated bathroom that we will enjoy for years to come. We enjoyed the professional relationship and appreciated how well Paul and his staff treated Annabelle, our dog. From start to finish the project was managed professionally and efficient. His knowledge and input resulted in adding a beautiful barn door that was custom built by Paul. We would highly recommend using Paul to anyone looking to remodel. The project was finished in a timely manner and the quality is outstanding. The updates he provides daily by email were very much appreciated so we could track the project from start to finish. We look forward to working together again in the future.”
Scope of Work for Craftsman Bathroom
- Remove garden tub
- Remove all floor tile
- Expand shower, create walk in shower
- Kept plumbing in same location
- Add recessed niche and bench to shower
- Build new shower wall
- Tile shower, toilet room and bathroom floor
- Repaint existing vanity
- remove for tiling and reinstall
- Install new quartz coutner top
- Silestone Top
- Undermount sinks
- New faucets
- Convert recessed light to pendant light
- Build custom bench for storage and towels
- Install new, larger bath fan (140 CFM)
- Build and Install Barn Door
We also removed the door to the closet and filled the hinges. The old door just got in the way. In the near future we plan to install some custom closet cabinets and shelving to complete the master suite.
Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Drywall and matching of the existing hard coat plaster work done by Smith Construction and Repair Services
- The tile was done by Elements Tile and Stone.
- Plumbing was done by Mark McKinney Plumbing
- Cambria Quartz Counter Top Fabricated and Installed by Southern Tops (no website, contact us for info)
- The Homeowners chose the tile for the walk in shower and bathroom floor from Sellar’s Tile in Tallahassee
The demo, shower construction, vanity and finish work were done in house by McManus Kitchen and Bath. We also managed the project, met all sub contractors on site each day and ensured a clean, organized job site. We work with the same sub contractors regularly so they are familiar with our work style, quality demands and our emphasis on a clean, organized job site.
Bathroom Remodel Cost
This was a fairly large bath and large shower. The homeowner did save money by reusing the existing vanity, mirror and towel bars. The Silestone top was a splurge but well worth it.. it really looks great.
The total project cost was about $16,800. The only change order on the project was to add the barn door.
Certified Residential Contractor, CRC1331326