Remodeling During The COVID 19 Pandemic
We will keep this page updated with any changes to our work policies or proceedures.
April 6th, 2021 Update:
As more and more people get vaccinated we’re looking forward to returning to normal soon. However we need to remain vigilant for a little longer. Masks are still required for all showroom visits and in home consults.
1. The showroom is still appointment only and only 1 appointment at a time.
2. Leon County’s mask mandate is still in effect and we ask that you wear a mask when visiting our showroom. Here is a FAQ on the order: https://content.govdelivery.com/attachments/FLLEON/2020/06/23/file_attachments/1480584/Leon%20County_Face%20Covering_FAQ_FINAL.pdf
3. Staff are monitoring their health and are tested if even mild symptoms of COVID 19 are noticed.
Most Important: COVID Safety is Personal
We want to do whatever we can to help you feel comfortable and safe in our showroom or on the jobsite. We’ve outlined our standard approach here but every situation is unique and we will create a custom plan for you after discussing your needs. Please don’t hesitate to let us know if there is anything extra we can do.
In The Showroom
- We are doing Virtual Meetings upon request.
- Visits are by Appointment only and we are only allowing 1 person, or couple, in the showroom at a time.
- We have a large design table and multiple screens that allow us to sit 6 feet apart
- We are disinfecting samples after each use.
- We have created a plexi glass ‘sneeze’ shield for separation during meetings.
- We are following all CDC and OSHA guidelines (read OSHA guidelines here)
On The Job Site
We are following all CDC and OSHA guidelines (Read OSHA Guidelines Here).
We are also taking these steps:
- We are using plastic barriers to isolate the work area from the rest of the home
- We are ordering Porta Potty’s for all upcoming projects to limit the need to visit any part of the house outside the work area.
- We have handwash stations on all job sites and have asked our trade parteners to wash hands whenver leaving and entering the home.
- We are running our Job site HEPA filters continuosly to clean the air **
- For all projects currently scheduled we have ordered all materials and they are being stored in our warehouse so we do not expect any delays due to supply chain issues.
** our jobsite HEPA filters are .3 micron and most viruses are around .1 microns. Still it is considered up to 5X more effective than doing nothing.
Our staff have been great. They are staying informed and are being proactive.
- Showroom appointments are held with just 1 designer now instead of two.
- All our full time staff are provided with health insurance and paid leave.
- Staff are monitoring their health for even mild illness.
Here are the signs we are posting on our job sites and offices
The Florida Health Department has posted some very useful posters on their website: http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/covid19-toolkit.html