Remodeling During The COVID 19 Pandemic
We will keep this page updated with any changes to our work policies or proceedures.
May 31, 2020 Update:
1. The showroom is still appointment only and only 1 appointment at a time.
2. We are happy to wear masks on request but they are not required in the showroom. We do have ‘sneeze guards’ set up at the design table.
3. We are doing in person home visits and will gladly wear a mask if would like us to.
4. Production is back in full swing. We still have COVID 10 precautions in place on site.
In The Showroom
- We are doing Virtual Meetings upon request.
- Visits are by Appointment only and we are only allowing 1 person, or couple, in the showroom at a time.
- We have a large design table and multiple screens that allow us to sit 6 feet apart
- We are disinfecting samples after each use.
- We have created a plexi glass ‘sneeze’ shield for separation during meetings.
- We are following all CDC and OSHA guidelines (read OSHA guidelines here)
On The Job Site
We are following all CDC and OSHA guidelines (Read OSHA Guidelines Here).
We are also taking these steps:
- We are using plastic barriers to isolate the work area from the rest of the home
- We are ordering Porta Potty’s for all upcoming projects to limit the need to visit any part of the house outside the work area.
- We are running our Job site HEPA filters continuosly to clean the air **
- For all projects currently scheduled we have ordered all materials and they are being stored in our warehouse so we do not expect any delays due to supply chain issues.
** our jobsite HEPA filters are .3 micron and most viruses are around .1 microns. Still it is considered up to 5X more effective than doing nothing.
Our staff have been great. They are staying informed and are being proactive.
- Showroom appointments are held with just 1 designer now instead of two.
- All our full time staff are provided with health insurance and paid leave.
- Staff are monitoring their health for even mild illness.
Here are the signs we are posting on our job sites and offices
The Florida Health Department has posted some very useful posters on their website: http://www.floridahealth.gov/diseases-and-conditions/COVID-19/covid19-toolkit.html
- HANDS – Wash them often
- ELBOW – Cough into it
- FACE – don’t touch it
- FEET – stay more than 3 ft apart
- FEEL – feel sick? Stay at home.
PSA from WHO (World Health Organization)