Tallahassee’s Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling Specialists
A design / build remodeling company with a full service showroom.
Kitchen Cabinets, Bathroom Vanities, Tile, Flooring and More
Visit our kitchen and bath showroom located at 1241 West Tharpe St in Tallahassee. The showroom is open Monday thru Friday from 10 to 5 and Saturday from 10 to 4.
Please note that our showroom is by appointment only. You are welcome to drop by if you are in the area. Just call ahead to make sure we are not with another client.
Good Better Best Options
We are unique in our approach to creating your initial budget, I don’t think you’ll find a more detailed approach anywhere. We start with a home visit to get measurements followed by a showroom visit where we create your Good Better Best budget together.
Who We Work With
We work primarily for homeowners and better quality builders in Tallahassee. We generally do not work on rental properties, “flips” or do repair work though we are happy to make recommendations if you give us a call.
At McManus Kitchen and Bath we specialize in 3 things:
Common Remodeling Costs
Good Better Best Estimates
The best way to figure out the cost for your project is to schedule a home visit to we can create Good Better Best (GBB) budget together. Our GBB budget outlines the features and benefits of all you different options and gives you pricing for each option. It is the most complete and detailed estimate you will get anywhere.
Average Remodeling Costs
If you’re in the early stages of planning and just want a rough idea of the cost of your project these average numbers listed below may help.
These are costs for “gut renovations” where all the cabinets, flooring and fixtures are removed and replaced. It does not include layout changes like moving walls or plumbing.
It also includes what we consider standard materials that are popular with out clients. Things like quartz countertops, glass backsplash tile and custom organizers.
Bathroom Remodeling Costs
A complete bathroom remodel can take 3 to 8 weeks to complete
- A Hall bathroom typically costs between $20,000 and $27,000
- A Master Bath typically costs between $35,000 and $50,000
- Powder rooms can range from $5,000 to $15,000
Kitchen Remodeling Costs
A gut renovation of a kitchen can take 6 to 8 weeks to complete.
- A small kitchen can cost between $35,000 and $45,000
- A medium sized kitchen can cost between $55,000 and $65,000
- A large kitchen can cost $70,000 – $100,000 or more
Cabinet Refacing Costs
A typical project takes about 5 days to complete. Cabinet refacing is a great option if you don’t need to change the layout of your kitchen.
- Cabinet refacing for a small kitchen costs between $10,000 and $12,000
- Refacing a mid-sized kitchen costs between $12,000 and $15,000
- Large kitchens can cost $30,000 or more to reface.
Kitchen Cabinets and Bathroom Vanities
We work with better builders in Tallahassee to provide kitchen cabinets and bathroom vanities for new homes as well. Kitchen cabinets can range in cost from about $225 a linear foot to $400 a linear foot depending on many factors.
- That means kitchen cabinets for a small kitchen could cost between $5000 and $8,000
- Kitchen cabinets for a mid sized kitchen could cost between $8000 and $15,000
- Custom cabinets, or cabinets with a lot of customer organizers will cost more.
Want More Remodeling Cost Details?
We’ve created a comprehensive remodeling cost guide that includes examples of our Good Better Best budgets, 3D renderings of small, medium and large kitchen and more. It’s a lot to go over but if you really want to get into the nitty gritty of remodeling costs this guide is a great resource.
Remodeling For Your Needs
We employ a Universal Design approach that focuses on creating spaces that can adapt to the needs of each stage of your families life.
Preparing for Retirement
Many of our customers are remodeling to prepare for retirement and are concerned with aging in place and being able to host large family gatherings for the new families their children have started.
Planning a Family
Others are just starting out in their first home and need to create flexible spaces that can be adapted to a growing, changing family.
Personalizing Your Space
Today’s households are more diverse than ever and each has different needs. Our in house design staff will listen to your needs and create a project that is as unique as you are.
Our Kitchen Design, Bath Design and Project Management Services
Not everyone needs a contractor. A lot of homeowners like to DIY their projects or act as their own contractor. Still, it’s good to have some professional guidance so you can avoid common mistakes and some professional design help to make sure the final product meets your vision.
Our main focus is full service design/build remodeling but we’ve create a couple of services to help meet the needs of homeowners who want to tackle project on their own.
The DIY Package: $650
If you plan to much of the work yourself and don’t need the help of subcontractors then this might be the best option for you. Here is what it includes:
- Initial visit to measure and discuss your project ideas
- Detailed scope of work and selection sheet
- Detailed construction schedule
- A basic before and after floor plan
- Discount on Tile and flooring from our showroom
- Add $650 for complete design work (probably needed for kitchen projects)
- Add $250 for additional in home consults during the project
Be Your Own Contractor Package: $2500
Maybe you don’t want to do the work yourself but you can manage the project on your own. In that case we can help with the the detailed design work needed and provide a list of reputable sub contractors.
- Initial home visit to take measurements and discuss your ideas
- Initial showroom visit to work on your design
- 2 additonal showroom visits to finalize all design work and selections
- Detailed scope of work and selection sheet
- Constructions schedule
- Sub Contractor list
- Detailed design work (lighting plan, plumbing plan, cabinet plans etc…)
- Discount on Tile, Flooring and Cabinetry
- Phone and email support
- $250 for additional home visits
- $450 for additional showroom visits
Your home has brought you this far – make sure it can
continue being your center of comfort and joy.